This is my personal webpage. An attempt to share with you part of my work and the things I am interested in.
So the first point is to introduce myself to let you guess what you might find here. I am a chemical engineer born in Madrid some decades ago. Far from finding it a finished science, I realized that there was much to be done. I suppose it must be the reason to start my PhD at Universidad Complutense de Madrid. Some years later I moved to Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, my current affiliation, where I continue my researching (Autonomous System Laboratory) and teaching (Departamento de Ingeniería Química Industrial y del Medio Ambiente) both at the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Industriales…. Bla, bla, bla… To summarize what I do:
Working on computer-aided process engineering focused on the research and development of more sustainable processes for the chemical industry.
Some examples are our last works about the use of neoteric solvents such as ionic liquids, eutectic solvents and biosolvents in different separation processes (you can find a detailed and updated list of our scientific contributions in my CV):
- Member of Autonomous System Laboratory (Aslab) research group.
- Associate member of the CAPE-OPEN Laboratories Network (CO-LaN)
- Author of >60 scientific contributions (including papers in scientific journals and congress proceedings).
- Collaborating on several industrial projects.
- Product and Process Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory
- Optimization of Chemical Processes
- Particle Technology
- Process Integration
Member of the Educational Innovation in Chemical Engineering (EIChE) group at UPM. Coordination of two educational innovation projects and collaboration in several more.